Workshop Productivity and Safety – Tools
Focusing on workshop productivity and safety this month – this week’s feature is on tools.
- Regularly inspect your tools to make sure they are fit for use.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing and jewellery that could get caught in moving parts.
- Wear the correct PPE for the job.
- Only use the tools for the job they are intended for. Don’t take a shortcut and use something else just because you don’t have what you need to hand at that moment.
- Make sure tools are stored away safely.
- Keep cables in a safe place, and make sure they don’t cause a trip hazard.
- Make sure pressure is released before breaking connections.
- Perform regular maintenance on your tools.
- Be aware of the people around you when carrying out any work.
- If you need more than one person for a job, make sure you ask for help and don’t do it yourself.
AVAILABLE FOR SALE AND HIRE IN THE UK AND WORLDWIDE
The Ingersoll Rand W5133 & W5153 impact wrench enhances the features you demanded: increased durability with stronger internal parts, and increased access with its tapered front end. This next generation compact impact wrench packs 365 ft.-lbs. of MAX torque in a cordless compact unit that weighs only 5.3 lbs. (with a BL2022 battery). Tested by real technicians, ready to tackle real work.
POWER: The brushless motor and impact mechanism are finely tuned to unleash a high power-to-weight ratio, with 550 ft.-lbs. of nut busting torque and 365 ft.-lbs. of MAX torque at 5.3 lbs (with BL2022 battery).. The all-metal drivetrain and hammer mechanism are designed to provide technicians the power they need without adding extra weight to the tool.
CONTROL: With 4 power modes, you can adjust a dial instead of changing tools to deliver the right amount of torque when you need it and eliminate rework. From brake calipers to valve covers and everything in between, there’s no need to switch tools. The variable-speed switch with electronic brake provides MAX control of the tool.
DURABLE: Protected by a chemical-resistant composite housing and a patented steel-reinforced frame, the W5133 is built to withstand repeated drops onto concrete and exposure to shop fluids. The IQv spark-free brushless technology and reinforced bushing provide a longer-life motor you can rely on.
ACCESS: Thanks to its compact ergonomic design and lightweight build, the W5133 can easily access tight spaces, giving you access no matter where your work may be hiding. A built-in 360 degree COB LED light casts a wide beam to give you excellent visibility with no shadows.
- Sealed, enhanced, lubricated and reinforced bushing
- Tapered hammercase / Front End
- IQv Power Control System includes 4 modes: MAX Power, Half Power, Wrench Tight, and Hand Tight
- Shadowless LED light ring with task light mode and 4 dimmable settings
- 6.5” tip-to-tail design at only 5.3 lbs (with BL2022 battery)
- Brushless Motor
- All-metal drivetrain and hammer mechanism
- Impact and chemical-resistant housing and patented steel reinforced frame
- Variable-speed switch with electronic brake
- Compatible with IQV20 Series™ Battery System
- Variable-speed switch with electronic brake provides maximum control of the tool and increases safety-release trigger, drive stops spinning
- Secure battery retention cage design reduces the chance of sparks in hazardous environments
TJI Solutions – Torquing Your Language!!
Scotland: 01224 063 680
England & Wales: 0191 917 0576