Why Calibrate Your Torque Tools?
Calibrating your torque tools is an important part of quality assurance. By ensuring they are properly calibrated you are ensuring the fastener is tightened with the correct tension and preventing connection failures. Without being calibrated you risk the chance of less reliable or vulnerable bolt connections, which could lead to lost reputation, lost orders and lost customers.
There is no point using a torque wrench unless it provides accurate results. The only way to guarantee this is by having it regularly calibrated – which is recommended to be every 5000 uses or once every 12 months. This is the minimum recommendation, but for more professional use it is suggested to increase intervals.
Many things can affect the accuracy of torque tools and could increase the need for more regular calibrations.
- Using it in extreme temperatures (hot/cold/wet or humid)
- If it is dropped often
- If it’s showing visible signs of wear
- Improper storage
- Improper use
- There are regular changes to the ISO Standards with regards to calibration of torque tools, so this may change the frequency of calibration your business requires.
Reasons to calibrate:
- Ensure desired level of performance
- Testing new products
- Ensure equipment safety
- Ensure employee safety
- To comply with industry standards
- To check if the tool is delivering the correct output
- To provide a high quality service
At TJI Solutions, our calibration procedures and servicing facilities are all traceable to UKAS standards. Understanding the urgency and importance of customers requirements when it really matters means that our fully trained engineers are able to complete calibrations and servicing in under 24 hours, resulting in us becoming one of the most increasingly trusted names in the industry.
The certification we offer are as follows;
TJI Solutions is your one stop shop for all your requirements covering all industries and applications. Please get in touch today and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.