What is a Torque Wrench?
A torque wrench is a type of tightening tool which applies a specific amount of torque to tighten nuts and bolts.
You can’t just use a spanner for certain fasteners as they need to be tightened to a specific value for safety purposes. If you don’t apply the correct amount of torque, the nuts and bolts can become lose. But be careful to also not apply too much torque, as you could damage the threads.
Things to remember when using a torque wrench
- Don’t tighten any further once you’ve heard the click.
- Always handle your torque wrench with care.
- Store correctly when not in use and loosen it to its lowest setting.
- Make sure that you get it regularly calibrated. It’s recommended once a year or every 5000 clicks.
Our calibration procedures and servicing facilities are all traceable to UKAS standards. Understanding the urgency and importance of customers requirements when it really matters means that our fully trained engineers are able to complete calibrations and servicing in under 24 hours, resulting in us becoming one of the most increasingly trusted names in the industry.
The certification we offer are as follows;
The SPX Bolting Systems TWHC Square Drive Hydraulic torque wrench is designed for high cycle quality and lower cost of ownership. intently constructed for a cycle life two to three times longer than existing technology.
TWHC Square Drive Hydraulic Torque Wrench –
Features And Benefits
Quality Means Lower Cost Of Ownership:
- Designed for high cycle life: 2 to 3x more than existing technology
- Increased reliability: simple drive assembly means less downtime
- Corrosion-resistant material used for use in harsh environments
- Compact nose radius allows the tool to fit in tighter, hard-to-reach spaces
- Low weight, high strength design
- Fast operation, long-stroke, and optimum flow
- Multi-direction high flow swivel manifold
- Push-button square drive reversal and reaction arm positioning
- Push-button release of square drive & reaction arm for all models except TWHC50.
Square Drive Hydraulic Torque Wrench Is Designed With Safety In Mind:
- Fully enclosed drive mechanism for operator safety
- Swivel manifold internal relief valve prevents retract side over-pressurization
- Fine tooth pawl prevents tool “lock-on”
Handles Sold Separately
The tool’s designed long-stroke mechanism imparts a minimum 30-degree nut rotation per stroke while maintaining a tight and compact nose radius. This is a clear advantage over the short stroke and back-up pawl mechanisms of light alloy competitive models.
Fewer parts and reduced torsion in operation – equals reduced wear, maintenance, and associated costs.
TJI Solutions – Torquing Your Language!!
Scotland: 01224 063 680
England & Wales: 0191 917 0576