Reducing Bolting Accidents at Height
Working at height often involves a risk of falling from your workplace. Whether you are in the construction industry, working as an electrician, or climbing a ladder to access an elevated space, you should always take steps to make sure that you don’t put yourself in harm’s way. One of the most important ways to protect yourself is by reducing bolting-related incidents at height. Let’s explore how this can be done safely and effectively.
What Are Bolting-Related Incidents?
Bolting-related incidents involve the use of bolts, screws, and other fastening devices when working at height. These incidents can occur if bolts are not properly secured or if they become dislodged during work operations. This type of accident can lead to serious injuries or even death, so it is important to take steps to reduce bolting-related incidents at height whenever possible.
How To Reduce Bolting-Related Incidents At Height
When working with any type of fastening device, safety should always be your top priority. Here are some tips for reducing bolting-related incidents at height:
- Always wear appropriate protective gear such as gloves, face shields, and hard hats for additional protection against debris and tools that could cause injury.
- Use tools and equipment that are designed specifically for the job you are performing; if necessary, consult with a professional before using any unfamiliar items.
- Securely attach all bolts using the appropriate methods; do not over tighten them as this could cause them to come loose while in use.
- Inspect all bolts regularly for signs of wear and tear; replace any worn out or damaged parts immediately before continuing work operations.
- When removing bolts from their place of origin, make sure they do not become dislodged while being removed; if they do become loose while being removed then secure them immediately before continuing work operations.
- Never leave loose bolts unattended; always store them securely in a safe place until they can be disposed of properly.
- Make sure all workers have been trained about proper installation techniques for fasteners; refresher courses should be given periodically to ensure everyone is up to date with the latest safety protocols for their particular job assignment(s).
Reducing bolting-related accidents at height is essential for maintaining a safe environment for everyone involved in construction projects or other tasks requiring elevated access points. Taking steps such as wearing protective gear and properly installing fasteners can go a long way towards preventing these types of accidents from occurring in the first place. By following these simple tips, both employers and employees alike can greatly reduce their risk of getting injured due to bolting-related accidents at heights – making workplaces safer overall!
Norbar EvoTorque® Battery Tool
Available in Single Speed and Auto Two Speed
Call for More Information
The EvoTorque® Battery Tool (EBT) features a new brushless motor, data memory and data transfer capabilities. Norbar have combined this with their respected gearboxes to deliver a range of fast, reliable, accurate battery torque tools.
405.00 – 2700.00 N·m
300.00 – 2000.00 lbf·ft
Norbar® EvoTorque Battery Tool EBT-80
- Key lock feature prevents unauthorised usage
- Tool is not constrained by power cable or hose improving safety, convenience and versatility
- 18V, 5.0Ah battery and efficient motor give outstanding fastening performance per charge
- ‘Safe to start’ button ensures hands are safely positioned at start up
- OLED display ensures visibility in all conditions
- High powered LED to illuminate poorly lit applications
- Optional ‘Ease of Use’ functionality, minimising operator error
- Bespoke reactions available on request
- Supplied with a secondary handle
About TJI Solutions.
Official Distributors Of SPX Bolting,
SPX Powerteam & Suppliers Of Norbar Products.
View our other Power Team Products
View the SPX Power Team Resources
View our other Norbar Products
View our other Power Team Products
Other SPX Power Team Resources
TJI Solutions specialise in the Sale, Hire and Repair of hydraulic torque and tensioning equipment along with hand, pneumatic and electric torque tooling.
With our extensive knowledge of the industry we are committed to customers supplying innovated solutions alongside commercial initiatives which are complimented by outstanding customer service 24/7 365 days a year. As a close knit family business, we are extremely proud of our moral values and commitment to take personal responsibility for your needs.
TJI Solutions – Torquing Your Language!!
Scotland: 01224 063 680
England & Wales: 0191 917 0576