Bolt Tensioning and the Benefits
What is Bolt Tensioning?
Tensioning is a controlled way of tightening a bolt. This happens by stretching the bolt to the initial load, the nut is then rotated onto the flange face which keeps the load in the bolt once it has relaxed.
There are several bolt tensioning benefits.
- Tensioning tools help speed up operations, as multiple tools can be used at the same time. You can achieve the same load in each bolt by connecting all tensioners.
- There is no need to lubricate the studs when tensioning. They are not affected by friction so you can save time and get started on work straight away.
- It limits safety concerns by having very few pinch points.
- They can achieve extremely high loads.
- It is very accurate.
- The tools are durable.
- It can be used in multiple environments, such as topside or subsea.
If you are looking for controlled bolting, we offer a complete range of topside tensioners for hire. We also offer wind tensioners and subsea tensioners for purchase. The spring return tensioner (SRT) is the most used tensioner available on the market today. We can offer a lifetime warranty on all bolting products.
Spring Return Bolt Tensioner
Bolt Tensioner | Spring Return Tensioner | Topside Tensioner
Bolt Coverage from 3/4″ to 4-1/4″ | M20 – M115 with just 9 tools
Spring Return Bolt Tensioner, features unique automatic quick release bridge adaptation, piston stroke indication and piston over stroke prevention.
The SRT is the most popular Spring Return Bolt Tensioner in the industry due to it’s ability to improve productivity whilst Increasing safety to the operator.
Spring Return Bolt Tensioner
SPX SRT Spring Return Tensioner
- Spring Return Bolt Tensioner, design dramatically increases productivity and safety on the job site when compared to older technology manual return tensioners.
- Piston overstroke prevention
- Piston stroke indication
- Compatible with MRT Tensioner range
- Unique quick release bridge adaptation
- Piston/cylinder misalignment compensation
- Bolt coverage from M20 to M115 mm (3/4″ to 4-1/4″) with just 9 tools
- Designed to fit BS1560/ANSI B16.5/API flanges
- Fully enclosed load cell design eliminates entry of debris into piston retraction mechanism
- Piston over-stroke eliminator to prevent over stroking and blowing a seal
- Twin hydraulic couplings for multiple tool connection
- Requires stud to protrude above nut by 1 x bolt diameter
- Application specific tooling available. Contact factory for details.
- 10 mm piston stroke Max tool pressure: 1,500 bar (21,750 psi)#
- Bolt protrusion above nut: 1 x bolt diameter (minimum)
The Spring Return Bolt Tensioner design dramatically increases productivity and safety on the job site when compared to older technology manual return tensioners. Furthermore you will find a fully enclosed load cell design which eliminates entry of debris into piston retraction mechanism.
Contact us today if you have any questions the team at TJI Solutions will be happy to help.
TJI Solutions – Torquing Your Language!!
Scotland: 01224 063 680
England & Wales: 0191 917 0576